Thursday, November 5, 2009

Back in the game

Drake music video featuring Eminem and others


The only reason I would even post this is the Eminem verse at 4:51. I found this music video right after listening to Eminem's new album and it gives me hope that we will see the old Eminem again. I fondly remember staying up untill 10pm for the Y100 cage match when i was in 6th grade so that i could hear the real slim shady when they played it. Something about it was so catchy to me back then, I even went so far as to record it off they headphones on my walkman with a toystory recorder.
His last album, relapse was a mixed bag for me, on the first listen i dismissed it as nothing of value, putting it on in the car for a drive to connecticut. But upon a second listen to when i was in the car by myself I realized that that album was made just for him, not for anyone else. A therapy of sorts, and I can appreciate that...My one complaint was that he slows it way down on that album and his flow is at almost a crawl compared to his older work. So this video gives me hope that someday we might see a faster Eminem like the one that made me stay up late back in the day.

1 comment:

  1. oh our lovely ghetto toy story tape recorder...piracy at its finest

    ReplyDelete